The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operations of Village East, Enhanced Assisted Living/ Memory Care Center and Allen Wing in accordance with current federal state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern DRV, and as directed by the Director of Nursing, to assure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Qualifications and Job Skills: Excellent leader with great people skills. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills. Sound decision making and problem solving. High level of initiative. Time management and deadline oriented. Ability to multitask. Must have ability to: interact well with residents and families, physicians, and staff; work as part of a team. Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training. Must be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands. Must possess a current RN license from the state of South Dakota.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Assist in Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing Enhanced Assisted Living/Memory Care Nursing Services/Allen Wing.
- Assist in Developing, maintaining, and periodically updating written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Department.
- Assist in Developing, maintaining, and periodically updating the Nursing Department Procedures Manual and nursing services objectives and philosophies .
- Assist QAPI Committee in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other patient care services to ensure the continuity of residents’ total regimen.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing, as necessary/required, concerning the operations of the Nursing Department.
- Assist Human Resources Director in recruitment and selection of nursing department associates.
- Assign a sufficient number of nurses and associates for each shift to ensure that quality of care is maintained.
- Monitor bi-weekly nursing timekeeping adjust schedules as needed to prevent excessive overtime.
- Delegate to nursing supervisory staff the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Monitor nursing services to assure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Provide Director of Nursingr with information relative to the nursing needs of the resident and nursing department’s ability to meet those needs.
- Review nurses’ notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and that they reflect the resident’s response to the care.
- Monitor call response system to ensure timely resident assistance,
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that provides instruction on “how to do the job”, and ensures a well-educated Nursing Department.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new associates in the department, its policies and procedures, and his/her job position and duties.
- Ensure that there is a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Ensure that all associates involved in providing care to the resident are aware of the care plan and that the care plans are used in the administering daily care to the resident.
- Assist in Preparing and planning the Nursing Department’s budget and submit to Director of Nursing for review/ recommendations.
- Ensure that Department remains in budget throughout the budget year.
- Monitor nursing care to assure that all residents are treated fairly, and with kindness, dignity and respect and maintains all residents information is kept confidential.
- Work cooperatively with all other departments to assure continuity of care to all residents.
- Provide other functions in support and assistance to Director of Nursing as needed.