Oversees the Clinical Dietary operations at Dow Rummel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Oversees the clinical needs of residents in relation to dietary activities. Requires an understanding of federal, state, and local food sanitation and regulations. The successful candidate will have at least an Associates Degree from an accredited school, have or be in the process of obtaining a CDM, 4-6 years of experience in the field with at least 2 of those years involving hands-on management experience. Passion for educating staff and residents and prior experience instructing and teaching team is required. Skills meeting with residents to discuss menus, meals and nutritional information. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training. Must be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands. Servsafe certification is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Visits residents to do initial nutritional assessment and screening, explain diet, record food preferences, and promote a quality food service.
- Visits all residents on a regular continuing basis, more often for Residents at nutritional risk . Documents all visits.
- Participates in meetings as needed.
- Coordinates dietary services with nursing service and activities. Nutritional Notes are to be completed for all residents at nutritional risk.
- Checks diet orders that are received against physicians’ orders. Notify nursing of discrepancy.
- Submits written reports to administration as necessary.
- Plans and presents in-service education programs for the Dietary Department on charting and nutrition.
- Ensures continued compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Works with Dietary Consultant and Dietary and Catering Services Director to achieve quality food service.
- Maintains current Care Plan for each resident through interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings and updating when necessary assures Care Plans are being followed by visual inspections in dining rooms.
- Monitors the food intake of all residents. Reports any problems to the Dietary Consultant and/or Director of Nursing.
- Monitors dining rooms during meal time to ensure diets are being maintained, residents preferences are being respected and staff is providing quality service.
- Is responsible for knowing, understanding, and conveying to other dietary staff personnel the Federal and State rules and regulations regarding nursing home dietary requirements and is responsible for their enforcement within the scope of the Dietary Department.