Please send a cover with salary expectations and resume to email@example.com
The Executive Director Human Resources is responsible for directing all of the people functions of Dow Rummel in accordance with the policies and practices of Dow Rummel, the ethical and social consciences of business and society and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The incumbent will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the software industry, newly public companies and all of industry in general.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Participate in the development of Dow Rummel’s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of Dow Rummel.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside Dow Rummel for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
- Develop programs to allow Dow Rummel to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of Dow Rummel. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of Dow Rummel. In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of Dow Rummel.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline.
- Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Human Resources Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking,
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent; or 10 to 15 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior HR certification (SHRM-SCP).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.