Dow Rummel Village
Now Hiring a Food Service Associate in Sioux Falls, SD
The Food Service Associate performs designated work and cleaning routines for the Department to provide quality food to residents and others in a timely manner. The Associate is accountable to the Director of Food Service, Main Kitchen or Restaurant Supervisor..
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Successful completion of orientation and brief training; must be able to follow instructions; demonstrate ability to learn and follow safety, infection control, and sanitation rules applicable to dining room activities. Ability to read, understand and follow recipes, directions, menu orders, and work assignments. This position will show a willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions. Numerical ability is necessary for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals, as well as good motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various work routines such as preparing food items, serving trays, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning work area. Must be able and willing to work flexible hours and must be able to demonstrate understanding of respect for residents’ rights and be able to interact professionally with residents and family members. Will stand and walk intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reach, stoop, bend, lift, carry, and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. Must have an ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 lbs. and withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges, dish-washing machines, and at steam tables. This employee must be free from infections or diseases. Preferably have a high school degree or GED and previous dietary service experience. May be required to be ServSafe Certified
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
- Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Interactions with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, etc. are in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional.
- Behavior and actions at work promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with facility standards to promote positive relations. Adheres to the Dow Rummel compliance guidelines.
- Documentation is completed in compliance with facility and department policies and procedures on a consistent basis. Mandatory trainings are completed within established time frames.
- Maintains safe food handling practices while preparing and serving food for residents, staff and visitors. Responsible for timely preparation and delivery of all meals to residents.
- Maintains safe food handling practices while preparing and serving food for patients, staff and visitors.
- Responsible for timely preparation and delivery of all meals to patients and cafeteria customers.
- Ability to follow simple instructions from cooks as to preparation and serving of trays.
- Assist in the general preparation of carts and trays for serving. Prepares and delivers patient nourishments.
- Assist cooks as needed.
- Assist in serving trays for carts and cafeteria as directed.
- Prepares salads, desserts, sandwich items according to production sheets and menus.
- Gathers food items according to production sheets and begins preparing according to directions.
- Works with cook on production assignments to maintain food quality and prevent food waste.
- Maintains food quality and safe food handling procedures throughout production and service.
- Maintains portion control on salads and dessert items. Stores, dates, labels usable food items for future use.
- Responsible for general sanitation of the dietary department.
- Ability to assist other associates in general food preparation and sanitation throughout the department.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed
- Ensure all serving area are clean and food is served with appropriate garnishments
- Ability to operate cash register, prepare and serve food and beverages in the cafeteria. Ensure line is stocked for coffee breaks and meals. Delivers bulk food items to nursing center and other dining areas.
- Uses appropriate serving utensils for portion control.
- Presents a polite demeanor, takes orders and serves customers in a prompt, friendly manner.
- Wash pots and pans and operate dishwasher.