Responsible for food service associate’s schedules and mentorship of new associates. Provides direct support to the Director, Food Service, Main Kitchen Supervisor and Certified Dietary Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Experience required in long term/assisted living facility prefer experience working with schedules and training. Must be able to interact well with residents, families, and staff. Must have good basic interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills as well as basic computer skills. Must be a team player and demonstrate a cooperative spirit in working with an interdisciplinary team to enhance the entire organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
- Actively participate in Reaching for Excellence Ambassador program and adherence to that job description and expectations therein.
- Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Provide leadership to associates in the delivery of services to licensed care residents including staff, scheduling, and mentoring other associates;
- Mentors associates to observe and demonstrate techniques of services rendered by staff to ensure adherence to food service guidelines;
- Ensures completion of department specific and associates orientations;
- Coordinate staffing requirements for food service associates in the Health Care Center and Village South & East centers, and schedule appropriately with input from Director, Food Service and Main Kitchen Supervisor;
- Completes monthly staffing schedules;
- Help with payroll processing as directed by Director of Food Service.
- Communicates effectively (verbally and via telephone) with staff, residents, and administration and actively promotes and demonstrates problem resolution.
- On at least a weekly basis inventories all kitchens to ensure proper dating and rotating or destroying of food;
- Provide supervision and support to dining rooms during meal times as directed.
- Completes other duties as directed by the Director, Food Service.