The Fund Development Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of fundraising in conjunction with the Fund Development Director. The Coordinator works closely with the Director of Fund Development and volunteers to help keep the campaign on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum that engenders a sense of excitement, optimism and confidence in achieving the campaign goal.
Overall campaign management and organization including, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignment
and maintenance of timelines;
- Work with the Fund Development Director and fund development volunteers and leaders to schedule meetings with prospective donors and arrange all meeting needs such as lunches, tours, materials, etc.;
- Follow up after donor meetings to ensure donor has been thanked, providing any additional materials needed, and schedule or make note of follow up actions needed;
- Conduct prospect research to identify prospective donors and to gather information about new prospects and current prospects;
- Work with Director and campaign committee to develop and execute a communication plan for donors;
- Work with campaign committee to plan and execute small campaign related events;
- Work with the Director and fund development volunteers and leaders to schedule committee meetings, making sure all materials are ready for meetings, attend meetings to take minutes and distribute to committee members, and follow up on actions following meetings;
- Overseeing acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements;
- Update reports and donor database in a timely manner to ensure CEO, Director, any volunteer chairs and other volunteers have up to date information;
- Work with Fund Development Director in writing all fund development correspondence including solicitation proposals, meeting requests, and meeting follow up;
- Maintain master calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign committee on track;
- Organize and monitor volunteer assignments and follow-up, and assist in all aspects of volunteer-led events;
Qualifications and Job Skills:
Individual must have outstanding organizational skills and high level of accuracy.
Experience in and knowledge of fundraising and general fund development organizing is preferred.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
Individual must have a high level of computer literacy, including experience using online databases and
other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, board members, donors, and prospective donors. Excel, Word, Publisher, and general computer experience or education preferred.