Provides direct care and companion services to Independent Living and/or other residents of Dow Rummel Village assisting them with activities and support as needed within the parameters of Dow Rummel’s Home Health Care Services Program. and the individual residents plan of care.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training. . Must be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands. Must be a high school graduate or have equivalency diploma.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Communicate with residents and/or family members, if required regarding the progress of the resident;
- Assist residents in activities and support as needed, such as but not limited to; bathing, dressing, eating, medication reminders as prescribed in the plan of care;
- Document and monitor all progress and changes in the residents health, medical condition and care provided and communicate promptly with supervisor;
- Provide treatments and document as ordered by the physician.
- Provide assistance and support to Resident Relations Mananger as appropriate or assigned