Coordinate care and service for residents in the Dow Rummel Village (DRV) Home Health (HH) program. Assist Independent Living residents with therapy set-up and other requests appropriately directed to the DRV HH program; as well as tasks assigned by the HH Manager and/or the Executive Director of Support Services. Provide resident intake, billing, supply, staff training and scheduling support. Provide leadership and support to the HH Team in the HH Manager’s absence. On-call duties each month as assigned. Provide direct care and companion services as needed to support the DRV HH program, residents and HH team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures. Customer service and administrative experience preferred. Basic knowledge and comfort using Excel, Word and Outlook required. Must have health care background; Med Aide certified in the state of South Dakota or receive certification within 60 days of taking position. Must be able to push and pull 60 pounds, lift 50 pounds , and carry 15 pounds with two hands.
Must be a high school graduate or have equivalency diploma.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Communicate with residents and/or family members, if required regarding the progress of the resident;
- Assist residents in activities and support as needed, such as but not limited to; bathing, dressing, eating, medication reminders as prescribed in the plan of care;
- Document and monitor all progress and changes in the residents health, medical condition and care provided and communicate promptly with supervisor;
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, and problems in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor;
- Communicate with physicians and other health care support services as directed to maintain resident care.
- Provide treatments and document as ordered by the physician;
- Order and fill medications for residents according to physician orders and current procedures.
- Create resident files to be viewed by others to include all necessary documents for proper care of resident following plans established by variety of sources.
- Maintain accurate billing records and submit on time;
- Order, stock and deliver supplies as needed;
- Provide assistance and support to Home Health Manager as appropriate or assigned