Now Hiring LPN in Sioux Falls, SD
Directs, oversees, manages and records the care and medications given to residents. Oversees and administers treatments to residents in assigned apartments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Current LPN license. Must have knowledge of: nursing care practices, especially in the context of geriatric care. Must have ability to: interact well with residents and families, physicians, pharmacists and associates; work as part of a team. Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training. . Must be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
- Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Communicate with residents and/or family members, if required regarding the progress of the resident;
- Record and monitor all progress of residents and communicate with physicians as ordered;
- Provide treatments and document as ordered by the physician.
- Stock and prepare medication reminder carts and use safe and secure practices in distributing medications.
- Order medications for patients according to current procedures.
- Provide assistance and support to Resident Relation Manager as appropriate or assigned.