Dow Rummel Village
Under the direction of the Life Enrichment Manager, implements facility’s activity program to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and social needs and interests of the residents.
Qualifications and Job Skills:
Familiarity with recreational therapy principles and practices, residents’ rights, and facility’s policies and procedures.
Demonstrated energy, enthusiasm, and creativity in working with residents. Must have basic planning and organizing skills.Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and carry 15 pounds with two hands.
Must have ability to: interact well with residents and families, physicians, and staff; work as part of a team. Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Cooperatively plan, organize, and implement facility’s Life Enrichment program, including social events, outings, regular recurring Life Enrichment, and other recreational opportunities to meet the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social interests and needs of the residents.
- Inform residents and staff about facility’s activity/recreation therapy opportunities, including distribution of monthly calendar of events and Life Enrichment in facility.
- Assist residents going to, moving about during, and returning from Life Enrichment using good body mechanics and safe transfer techniques.
- Orient and coordinate the involvement of volunteers who participate in facility Life Enrichment.
- Perform specific tasks as assigned to support the facility’s activity program including but not limited to the following:
- Display monthly seasonal decorations and arrange photo board in Allen Wing.
- Maintain, organize and distribute Bingo prizes and supplies.
- Make and deliver popcorn, as scheduled.
- Complete charting, flow sheet documentation, and other paperwork related to recreation therapy department.
- Maintain recreation equipment and supplies. Maintain the organization of the Activity Room and Storage Closets.
- Work cooperatively with other Departments including those in Life Enrichment, Nursing and Maintenance.
- Perform other job-related duties as directed by supervisor or other members of the management team.