Provides direct care and companion services to residents of Dow Rummel Village, including assistance with routine daily cares and leisure activities. Adheres to Dow Rummel Village policies, procedures and resident’s care plan.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training. Must be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands. Must be a high school graduate or have equivalency diploma.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
- Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Professional communication with residents, visitors, and staff. Assist residents in activities and support as needed, including but not limited to; bathing, dressing, eating, medication reminders as directed/requested.
- Observe and document all progress and changes in the residents health, medical condition and care provided and promptly report all changes to the nurse.
- Complte tasks as delegated by the nurse.
- Follow all the principles and practices of the Buddies Forever Program.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Perform all duties as assigned to promote safe and reliable care.