Assist the Director of Food Service in the daily operations of Covell’s restaurant and deli including menu development, inventory, purchasing of supplies and cost controls. Directly oversees Covell’s staff including hiring, termination, corrective action and scheduling
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS
Excellent leader with great people skills. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills. Sound decision making and problem solving. High level of initiative. Time management and deadline oriented. Ability to multitask. Must have ability to: interact well with residents and families, physicians, and staff; work as part of a team. Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Team management experience including qualities that inspire and motivate staff and strong leadership skills. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents. Must have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training. Must be ServSafe Certified or receive certification within 6 months of employment. Must be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Model the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Oversees and manages all areas of Covell’s restaurant and Deli.
- Ensures guest service meets company standards and customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action to solve the problem.
- Staff, train and develop associates through orientations, ongoing feedback and by conducting performance reviews.
- Closely monitor the safety of the restaurant guests and staff through execution of food safety and restaurant safety standards and guidelines.
- Assume responsibilities of Director of Food Service in his/her absence.
- Assure all staff are following standards set by Director of Food Service and be able to enforce/coach employees where needed.
- Assist Director of Food Service with menu development, costing, and assuring budgetary guidelines are being followed in line with par lists set.
- Assist in leading all financial area including sales growth, cost management and profit growth.
- May cook on assigned days and carry out Dow Rummel’s vision on quality of food and service.
- Assist Director of Food Service with interviewing, hiring, staff supervision, disciplinary actions, scheduling and staff training for Covell’s and the Deli.
- Assist Director of Food Service with ordering, inventory management, staff supervision, and staff scheduling for special events and caterings.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Director of Food Service.
- Assure all food is cooked appropriately and is plated properly.
- Assist in all areas of Dietary Department on campus as needed.
- Assist Director of Food Service in conducting staff and resident meetings.
- Assist Director in establishing annual budget and assure the restaurant operates within budget.
- Perform other duties as need.