Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play an especially important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
This position will serve our Assisted Living neighborhood, is Full-Time Day and Evening Shifts between the hours of 8am to 7pm, with every 4th weekend rotation. Occasionally hours could be earlier or later, pending events planned.
The Life Enrichment Associate in Assisted Living must have a passion for seniors and enjoy getting to know our residents personally. In addition, must be able to perform various duties including, planning, and implementing activities centered around the essential functions of mental, physical, and social needs and interests of our residents. Must be outgoing and warm, and able to engage residents in familiar life skill routines they perform daily. For Example: familiar tasks that residents enjoyed in their past bringing them a sense of success, meaning and purpose in the present, providing them with encouragement, prompts and hands on assistance.
- Find strategies on ways to motivate and encourage residents to participate; with an understanding of each resident cognitive and functional ability
- Inspire, motivate, and encourage volunteers and fellow associates to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities throughout the day and evening
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Competent in organizational & time mgmt. For Example: focus on the daily activity calendar and prepare for each day
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions, and act in a resident’s best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma, or equivalent
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)