Calling all seasoned cooks with a taste for something extraordinary!
Dive into the world of senior living as a Licensed Dietary Manager. If you’re ready to transform your culinary expertise into leadership, with a heart for service and a passion for building meaningful connections – this is your opportunity to craft a dining experience that goes beyond the plate!”
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 60 years.
OUR VALUES – Dignity, Excellence, Teamwork, Belonging and Growth embody our mission of “Guided by spiritual values, we enrich lives by providing extraordinary senior care.” and serves as the backbone to achieving our success.
The Manager of Licensed Care Food Services provides support to the Director of Culinary for the function and direction of food service in the licensed care areas on the Dow Rummel Campus. The Manager helps to ensure daily nutritional needs are met and provide safe, palatable, and appropriate food. Ensuring sanitation, proper food handling and compliance with all federal, state, and local standards and laws as well as licensure and regulations are followed.
HOURS: This position is 8a -4:30pm, Monday through Friday with an every other weekend rotation and on-call holiday rotation.
Curious about a day in the life of the Licensed Dietary Manager? our day revolves around fostering a collaborative kitchen environment. You’ll lead a team of cooks, managing weekly food orders, and supplies, ensuring the quality of three daily meals through rigorous temperature checks and precise food orders. Your expertise extends to overseeing Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) compliance, supervising back-of-the-house operations, and guiding the Licensed Dietary Supervisor.
Additionally, you play a vital role in menu planning, adherence to “My Plate” guidelines, and staying current with diet changes prescribed by the registered dietitian. Your commitment to maintaining high standards and training cooks on dietary modifications ensures the well-being and satisfaction of our residents, making you an indispensable part of our team. Join us in creating a culinary experience that enhances the overall quality of life for those we serve.
- 3+ years of experience in food service setting and at least 1 year of management service.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations related to food service and familiar with the HACCP program and principles.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and customer service skills.
- Ability to interpret established policies into operating procedures.
- Ability to direct, instruct and advise staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully and communicate effectively with employees, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- ServSafe certified or willing to receive within 3-6 months of hire.
- Develop an overall plan for the licensed food service operation, including budgeting, purchasing food and supplies, and cost control to minimize waste loss.
- Ensures staff follow policies and procedures and are following all federal, state, and local regulations while carrying out their job duties.
- Support the Director of Culinary Services in the function and activities of the licensed food service department while ensuring the highest level of quality food service is provided to residents, staff, and guests.
- Monitor food preparation and cooking methods to ensure that proper techniques are used, and that food is cooked correctly and served promptly.
- Order food and supplies to maintain an adequate supply on hand, checks invoices against arriving supplies and verifies prices.
- Oversees the production of all food served from the various licensed care area kitchens on campus.
- Work with the Director of Culinary Services and team supervisors to ensure proper training is provided to food service staff in food handling techniques and safe food preparation practices.
- Inspect food supplies, equipment, and serving areas to ensure they meet safety and sanitation requirements.
- Collaborate with the Director of Culinary Services and your food service team to ensure the residents’ needs are being met.
- Attend continuing education courses and seminars to keep up to date on the latest trends in food and nutrition.
- Interviewing, hiring and reviews of direct reports and support to supervisors.
- Conduct resident and staff meetings, as well as attending resident council meetings and care conferences as needed.
- Assumes responsibilities of the Director of Culinary Services in his/her absence for the Licensed Food Service team as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Directors and Managers
- Outside Partners
YOUR LIFE AT DOW RUMMEL:
- Enjoy fully paid, on-site training with dedicated trainers.
- HEALTH INSURANCE:
- Choose from 4 Avera Health policies; Dow Rummel pays over 80% of the Health Insurance Premium.
- Benefit from a dollar-for-dollar match up to 4%, with per-paycheck contributions. Build that compound interest until you retire! Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN employees over the age of 18.
- ON-SITE RESTAURANT:
- Take advantage of an on-site restaurant, with meal expenses conveniently deducted from your paycheck. – never worry about packing breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Have scheduled 1×1’s with your leader throughout the year.
- Collaborate with your leader annually to set three personalized professional goals, ensuring your aspirations are a priority.
- Dow Rummel is dedicated to fostering an environment where every employee has the opportunity to grow and learn. We are committed to providing the support you need to advance in your career, ensuring you thrive both personally and professionally.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT:
- Participate in the DRVP committee to ensure all voices are heard and maintain high employee satisfaction.
- EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES:
- Explore scholarship opportunities for webinars, single courses, certifications, and degrees.
- COMMUNITY IMPACT:
- Make a difference by engaging with Project Search Interns from the Sioux Falls School District.
- ONSITE FITNESS CENTER:
- Access a free onsite fitness center, complete with a pool and therapy whirlpool.