Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
The Covell’s Restaurant & Deli Cook will prepare restaurant style meals as specified in the menus and recipes, using proper food handling, sanitation, and infection control procedures. The Cook also partners with the Covell’s Deli Servers and associates to sure production and presentation is of high quality, meeting the company standards for our residents.
HOURS: Varied shifts, 7am to 3:30 or 11am to 7pm. Monday – Friday with rotating weekends.
Helps and monitors food production and presentation in the absence of the Covell’s Restaurant and Deli Manager. Requires an understanding of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations. May serve as an expeditor when needed.
Are you an advocate for empathy? This position requires someone who is responsible for understanding the importance of empathy. Most importantly, it will be your job to create human connection with residents during their most vulnerable moments.
Are you a natural observer? This position requires someone who is above all, genuinely interested in naturally discovering residents’ interests, abilities, and what makes each resident who they are.
- 4-6 years of experience in the dietary field preferred
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Understand and follow recipes and serve proportion control diets
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in extreme hot and cold conditions
- Passion for educating servers on food taste and creation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and must be comfortable interacting with guests, co-workers, and residents.
- Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic, and creative in working with residents.
- Has ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
- ServSafe certification is required within 6 months of hire.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)