Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives.
It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
The Health Care Center Day Charge Nurse must have a passion of getting to know our residents personally. We are looking for a qualified nursing professional to provide patient care on our overnight shift. Our ideal candidate has solid clinical experience as a charge nurse and can handle a busy environment. This position also requires attention to detail, a compassionate demeanor and strong customer service skills.
THE HOURS: 6a-6p Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday **NO WEEKNEDS**
- Work closely with the care team to deliver quality care and service
- Responsible for following through on resident incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to the Healthcare Director
- Comfortable mentoring, and coaching the care team to include, CNA’s, Med Aides and Resident Care Assistants.
- Leading the overnight team in general senior health care services, resident care, routine checks, policies, and personnel concerns.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a valid state of South Dakota license and CPR certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods as applied to skilled nursing
- A background of three years as an RN or LPN in senior living and/or LTC preferred
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must realize the importance of an overnight shift LPN and the need for good attendance as you are the leader of the overnight team
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)
THINGS UNIQUE TO DOW RUMMEL
- Every department at Dow Rummel has their own “week” – to celebrate how that department contributes to the greatness of our community
- Dow Rummel has partnered with the Sioux Falls School District and Vocational Rehab to bring Project Search into our community. An opportunity for Students with Disabilities to work in each department during the school year to gain and grow real-world professional experience as they prepare for their career after high school.
- We offer scholarships for staff to use towards any courses attended as well as community colleges and Universities.
- Both State Certified Medication Aide and Certified Nursing Aide classes are offered to staff, hosted in-house and paid for by Dow Rummel.
- FREE On-Site Employee Wellness Programs (including fitness courses land and water) for
- Everyday restaurant menu as well as two specials per day, for all staff at a discounted price through our on-site at Covell’s Deli and restaurant. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We even have delicious take-home customized pizzas!
- Your leaders work beside you every day and take genuine interest in who you are as a person, and help you attain your professional goals!