Dow Rummel Village is a top-rated non-profit senior care organization committed to providing exceptional care to our residents. We’re proud to be recognized with an overall 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and we’re looking for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
At Dow Rummel Village, our mission of “Guided by spiritual values, we enrich lives by providing extraordinary senior care” is embodied by our core values of Dignity, Excellence, Teamwork, Belonging, and Growth. These values are the backbone of our success.
We are currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated Resident Aide to join our Assisted Living team. In this role, you will provide direct care and companionship to our residents, assisting them with routine daily cares and leisure activities. By adhering to Dow Rummel Village policies, procedures, and resident care plans, you will contribute to creating a safe and supportive environment for our residents. The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills, and a passion for working with seniors.
THE HOURS: Monday – Friday 6am to 2:30pm with an every other weekend rotation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Positive and patient attitude, willing to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and creative approach in working with residents.
- Ability to understand and follow task orientation, instructions, rules, and procedures.
- Must have dependable transportation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model the values, mission, and vision of Dow Rummel Village
- Demonstrate commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication with residents, visitors, and staff.
- Assist residents in activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, and medication reminders as directed/requested.
- Observe and document changes in residents’ health, medical condition, and care provided, promptly reporting any changes to the nurse.
- Complete delegated tasks assigned by the nurse.
- Follow the principles and practices of the Buddies Forever Program
- Work effectively as a team member
- Perform all duties as assigned to promote safe and reliable care.
- This position requires standing, walking, bending, and stooping for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 60 pounds, lift up to 50 pounds, and carry 15 pounds with two hands.
- Working Conditions: This position in our Assisted Living environment and must be comfortable working around residents, staff, and visitors.
If you are looking for a fulfilling career in a supportive and dynamic work environment, we invite you to join our team at Dow Rummel Village. Apply today and be a part of an organization that embodies the values of dignity, excellence, teamwork, belonging, and growth.
In return, we offer a competitive salary based on experience: $15.00 (no experience) to $24.30 per hour (19+ years of experience), as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, 403(b) retirement savings account, flexible spending account, employee recognition program, and more. We also provide continuing education opportunities, wellness center membership, and a cell phone discount (Verizon/AT&T).
Monday – Friday 6am to 2:30pm with an every other weekend rotation.