NO CERTIFICATION REQUIRED!
We are pleased to announce that Dow Rummel Village has recently received an overall 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This recognition is a testament to our commitment to hiring the very best and providing exceptional care to our residents. If you are seeking a dynamic and supportive work environment, we invite you to join our team and be a part of this award-winning organization.
At Dow Rummel, the safety of our residents and staff is a top priority. We have implemented strict safety protocols to ensure a safe environment, including COVID vaccinations and BIVALENT Boosters.
Additionally, we are proud to announce that 72% of our staff is fully COVID-19/BIVALENT Booster vaccinated. We believe in doing our part to help protect our community and slow the spread of COVID-19.
OUR VALUES – Dignity, Excellence, Teamwork, Belonging and Growth embody our mission of “Guided by spiritual values, we enrich lives by providing extraordinary senior care.” and serves as the backbone to achieving our success.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
The Home Health Associate (PT) provides direct care and companion services to Independent Living and/or other residents of Dow Rummel Village, assisting them with activities and support as needed within the parameters of Dow Rummel’s Home Health Care Services Program and the individual residents plan of care.
THE HOURS: 8 hour shifts, typically be between 9am and 11pm, shifts will vary. Every other weekend, appx., 24 hours per week.
THE PAY: $15.50 TO $24.30 per hour (Depending on Experience) plus night and weekend shift differential
- Work closely with the care team to deliver quality care and service
- Communicate with residents and/or family members, if required regarding the progress of the resident.
- Assist residents in activities and support as needed, such as but not limited to; bathing, dressing, eating, medication reminders as prescribed in the plan of care.
- Document and monitor all progress and changes in the residents health, medical condition and care provided and communicate promptly with supervisor.
- Provide treatments and document as ordered by the physician.
- Provide assistance and support to Resident Relations Manager as appropriate or assigned.
- A background working in senior living and/or LTC preferred but not required
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to be energetic, enthusiastic, and creative in working with residents.
- Can understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
- Able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)