Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
The Life Enrichment Associate must have a passion and love for getting to know our residents personally. In addition, must be able to perform various duties including, planning and implementing activities centered around the essential functions of mental, physical and social needs and interests of our residents. Must be be outgoing and warm, and able to engage residents in familiar life skill routines they perform daily. For Example: familiar tasks that residents enjoyed in their past bringing them a sense of success, meaning and purpose in the present, providing them with encouragement, prompts and hands on assistance.
- Find strategies on ways to motivate and encourage residents to participate; with an understanding of each resident cognitive and functional ability
- Inspire, motivate and encourage volunteers and fellow associates to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities throughout the day and evening
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Competent in organizational & time mgmt. For Example: focus on the daily activity calendar and prepare for each day
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in a resident’s best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow through on assigned tasks
Are you an advocate for empathy? This position requires someone who is responsible for understanding the importance of empathy. Most importantly, it will be your job to create human connection with residents during their most vulnerable moments.
Are you a natural observer? This position requires someone who is above all, genuinely interested in naturally discovering residents’ interests, abilities, and what makes each resident who they are. Collaborate to create appropriate engagement plans and implement strategies with patience to ensure success.
Do you enjoy performing and improv, yet love engaging the crowd? To be a Master of the Mise en Scène. The French expression used to describe the art of creating a story through the physical environment, ‘mise en scène’ means being responsible for setting the stage for a successful day. From preparing your dining room for breakfast to setting up the library for an event, to preparing the resident’s room for their nighttime routine, you are the guide through the resident’s experience.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)