THE HOURS: 6p-6:30a with rotating weekends and holidays
Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
The Overnight Charge Nurse in Skilled Nursing must have a passion of getting to know our residents personally. We are looking for a qualified nursing professional to provide patient care on our overnight shift. Our ideal candidate has solid clinical experience as a charge nurse and can handle a busy environment. This position also requires attention to detail, a compassionate demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- Work closely with the care team to deliver quality care and service
- Responsible for following through on resident incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to the Director of Nursing
- Comfortable mentoring, and coaching the care team to include, CNA’s, Med Aides and Resident Care Assistants.
- Leading the overnight team in general senior health care services, resident care, routine checks, policies, and personnel concerns.
We offer competitive wages, shift differentials, excellent health benefits, PTO, 403b and monthly company HSA contributions.
Are you an advocate for empathy? This position requires someone who is responsible for understanding the importance of empathy. Most importantly, it will be your job to create human connection with residents during their most vulnerable moments.
Are you a natural observer? This position requires someone who is above all, genuinely interested in naturally discovering residents’ interests, abilities, and what makes each resident who they are. Collaborate to create appropriate health care plans and implement strategies with patience to ensure success.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a valid state of South Dakota license and CPR certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods as applied to skilled nursing
- A background of three years as an LPN in senior living and/or LTC preferred
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must realize the importance of an overnight shift LPN and the need for good attendance as you are the leader of the overnight team
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)