Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
The Main Kitchen Supervisor will lead the team of line cooks and dietary aides as to ensure production and presentation is of high quality, meeting the dietician standards to our residents.
Oversees the activities of the kitchen staff and monitors food production and presentation in the absence of the Director, Food Service. Requires an understanding of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations. Coordinates and participates in the activities of hiring, training, and managing kitchen. May serve as an expeditor when needed.
Are you an advocate for empathy? This position requires someone who is responsible for understanding the importance of empathy. Most importantly, it will be your job to create human connection with residents during their most vulnerable moments.
Are you a natural observer? This position requires someone who is above all, genuinely interested in naturally discovering residents’ interests, abilities, and what makes each resident who they are.
- 4-6 years of experience in the dietary field
- 2 of those years involving hands-on management experience.
- Passion for educating staff and prior experience instructing and teaching back of house team is required.
- Team management experience including qualities that inspire and motivate staff, and strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and must be comfortable interacting with guests, co-workers, and residents.
- Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic and creative in working with residents.
- Has ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
- ServSafe certification is required within 6 months of hire.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)