THE HOURS: Part-Time, 10am to 6:30pm – NO LATE NIGHTS!
Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play an especially important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
The Covell’s’ Restaurant & Deli Server will work in our restaurant and deli, serving restaurant style meals to both residents and staff. This position partners with the Covell’s cooks to ensure production and presentation is of high quality, meeting the company standards of our residents.
If you love getting to know people and working in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you!
- Work closely with the care team to deliver quality care and service
- Responsible for following through on resident incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to the Healthcare Director
- Comfortable mentoring, and coaching the care team to include, CNA’s, Med Aides and Resident Care Assistants.
- Leading the overnight team in general senior health care services, resident care, routine checks, policies, and personnel concerns.
- 1 year of restaurant experience, preferred, not required
- 1 year of customer service preferred
- Experience using a cash registered preferred
- A genuine interest in seniors is necessary
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)