OUR VALUES – Dignity, Excellence, Teamwork, Belonging and Growth embody our mission of “Guided by spiritual values, we enrich lives by providing extraordinary senior care.” and serves as the backbone to achieving our success.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 60 years.
The Part-Tiime Weekend Medication Aide in Assisted Living involves providing residents and patients with exceptional care, while demonstrating kindness and compassion. The Medication Aide will be responsible for administering medication, reporting changes, collecting samples and recording medication doses as well as delivering age-appropriate care related to the physical and psychological needs of the resident, as per the care plan. To excel in this role, the ideal candidate must possess strong attention to detail, be task-driven and organized, and adhere to a strict schedule.
THE HOURS: Day & Evening
THE PAY: Starting Wage with no experience is $16.50.
- Current and unrestricted South Dakota Medication Aide License
- Professional enthusiastic attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Strong ability to show initiative
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of and have excellent interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks
- Demonstrates the ability to be energetic, enthusiastic, and creative in working with residents.
- Can understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
- Able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
- Continuing Education Scholarship Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)