OUR VALUES – Dignity, Excellence, Teamwork, Belonging and Growth embody our mission of “Guided by spiritual values, we enrich lives by providing extraordinary senior care.” and serves as the backbone to achieving our success.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 60 years.
Join our dynamic team as the Covell’s Restaurant and Deli Supervisor, overseeing the daily operations of the deli and restaurant front-of-the-house services. This role focuses on delivering an exceptional customer experience, from product development to dining experiences. The position involves customer service training and development of service staff, collaborating with the Covell’s Kitchen Supervisor on various aspects like menu development, inventory, purchasing, business development, and cost control. The Covell’s Restaurant and Deli Supervisor is also responsible for providing coverage when the Covell’s Kitchen Supervisor is unavailable.
HOURS: Varies between 8 am and 7 pm. Monday – Friday with an every other weekend rotation.
- Ensure staff compliance with policies, procedures, and all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Support the Director of Culinary Services in maintaining the highest level of quality food and customer service.
- Assist in monitoring food preparation and cooking methods, providing support during peak customer experience times.
- Contribute to food and supply ordering to maintain adequate on-hand supplies.
- Collaborate with the Director of Culinary Services to provide proper training to all food service staff.
- Inspect food supplies, equipment, and serving areas for safety and sanitation compliance.
- Provide a presence in the restaurant and deli during service times to ensure quality service.
- Assist with sales growth, new product development, and cost control.
- Co-lead resident food meetings with the Covell’s Kitchen Supervisor.
- Build professional knowledge in food and customer service through ongoing education.
- Conduct team building, coaching, staff meetings, and training.
- Handle interviewing, hiring, scheduling, payroll, annual reviews, and corrective actions for direct reports.
- Work with the Catering/Event Coordinator for staffing and food preparation.
- Weekend Food Service Administration rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Culinary Services.
- Minimum 3 years of hospitality industry experience, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience focusing on customer service and sales growth.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations related to food service.
- Servsafe certified or willing to become certified within 6 months of hire. Working knowledge of HACCP program and principles.
- Passion for training and supporting staff.
- Knowledge of Teams, Microsoft software, and other computer programs used by the food service department and Dow Rummel management teams.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and customer service skills.
- Ability to interpret established policies into operating procedures.
- Ability to direct, instruct, and advise staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully and communicate effectively with employees, residents, family members, visitors, and the public.
REPORTS TO: Director of Culinary Services
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Family: $225.67
- EE + Children: $69.75
- EE + Spouse: $88.23
- Single: $15.86
- Dow Rummel contributes $100.00 a month to employees HSA account
- Delta Dental
- VSP Vision
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)