At Dow Rummel, the safety of our residents and staff is a top priority. We have implemented strict safety protocols to ensure a safe environment, including COVID vaccinations and BIVALENT Boosters.
Additionally, we are proud to announce that 72% of our staff is fully COVID-19/BIVALENT Booster vaccinated. We believe in doing our part to help protect our community and slow the spread of COVID-19.
We are also pleased to announce that Dow Rummel Village has recently received an overall 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This recognition is a testament to our commitment to hiring the very best and providing exceptional care to our residents. If you are seeking a dynamic and supportive work environment, we invite you to join our team and be a part of this award-winning organization.
THE HOURS: Part-Time, (20+ hours per week) 10am to 6:30pm – NO LATE NIGHTS!
OUR VALUES – Dignity, Excellence, Teamwork, Belonging and Growth embody our mission of “Guided by spiritual values, we enrich lives by providing extraordinary senior care.” and serves as the backbone to achieving our success.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
The Covells Restaurant & Deli Server will work in our restaurant and deli, serving restaurant style meals to both residents and staff. This position partners with the Covell’s cooks to ensure production and presentation is of high quality, meeting the company standards of our residents.
If you love getting to know people and working in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you!
THE PAY: Starting wage with no experience is $15.00 per hour
- Work closely with the care team to deliver quality care and service
- Responsible for following through on resident incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to the Healthcare Director
- Comfortable mentoring, and coaching the care team to include, CNA’s, Med Aides and Resident Care Assistants.
- Leading the overnight team in general senior health care services, resident care, routine checks, policies, and personnel concerns.
- 1 year of restaurant experience, preferred, not required
- 1 year of customer service preferred
- Experience using a cash registered preferred
- A genuine interest in seniors is necessary
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)
THINGS UNIQUE TO DOW RUMMEL:
- Every department at Dow Rummel has their own “week” – to celebrate how that department contributes to the greatness of our community
- Dow Rummel has partnered with the Sioux Falls School District and Vocational Rehab to bring Project Search into our community. An opportunity for Students with Disabilities to work in each department during the school year to gain and grow real-world professional experience as they prepare for their career after high school.
- We offer scholarships for staff to use towards any courses attended as well as community colleges and Universities.
- Both State Certified Medication Aide and Certified Nursing Aide classes are offered to staff, hosted in-house and paid for by Dow Rummel.
- FREE On-Site Employee Wellness Programs (including fitness courses land and water) for
- Everyday restaurant menu as well as two specials per day, for all staff at a discounted price through our on-site at Covell’s Deli and restaurant. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We even have delicious take-home customized pizzas!
- Your leaders work beside you every day and take genuine interest in who you are as a person, and help you attain your professional goals!