Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
The Social Services Assistant will lead by example in performing various tasks to ensure the resident experience is smooth and supported. Also, provide administrative support to the Director of Social Services.
This is a Part-Time 22 hours a week position, with rotating weekends. There is some flexibility with scheduling.
- Complete time sensitive assessments on both new residents and current residents
- Provide resident move in support
- Provide psychosocial support
- Coordinate visitation with family and loved ones
- Move-Out support
- Punctual, reliable and able to work with time sensitive information and tasks
- Possess good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills,
- Positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and creative in working with residents.
- Ability to work with interruptions
- Able to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
- Ability to work alone with little instruction
- Must be able to push and pull 30 pounds, must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)