Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives.
It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
The Universal Med. Aide/CNA provides resident-centered nursing care and daily living assistance between Memory Care, LTC, and Assisted Living to assigned residents under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN).
Also performing a variety of resident care duties including administering medication, reporting changes, collecting samples, and recording medication doses. Knowledge of and delivers age-appropriate care related to the physical and psychological needs of the resident as per care plan.
Provides assistance with basic health care needs including daily living activities that may include, but are not limited to, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, food assistance, obtaining and recording vital signs, and providing psychosocial support and other personal care to assigned resident.
This position requires the candidate to have a current, South Dakota Certified Nurse Aide License as well as a state of South Dakota Medication Aide License.
Hours: 6am to 10am and or 6pm to 10pm
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)
THINGS UNIQUE TO DOW RUMMEL:
- Every department at Dow Rummel has their own “week” – to celebrate how that department contributes to the greatness of our community
- Dow Rummel has partnered with the Sioux Falls School District and Vocational Rehab to bring Project Search into our community. An opportunity for Students with Disabilities to work in each department during the school year to gain and grow real-world professional experience as they prepare for their career after high school.
- We offer scholarships for staff to use towards any courses attended as well as community colleges and Universities.
- Both State Certified Medication Aide and Certified Nursing Aide classes are offered to staff, hosted in-house and paid for by Dow Rummel.
- On-Site Employee Wellness Programs (including fitness courses land and water) for free
- Everyday restaurant menu as well as two specials per day, for all staff at a discounted price through our on-site at Covell’s Deli and restaurant. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We even have delicious take-home customized pizzas!
- Your leaders work beside you every day and take genuine interest in who you are as a person, and help you attain your professional goals!